Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going Home?



I'm in Hawaii right now. Honolulu. It's my Spring Break, and I needed a break from Portland, big-time. Done with the weather. Tired from work. Needing some color (in my own skin and outside of it) badly.

So I'm here. Which precludes me writing a full-on post before I get back on Sunday, but let's just say I have a lot to write when I get back (about Native Hawaiians vs. others; blending in; and more). Just wanted to let you all know not to worry, I'm doing great.

When I went through security to fly out here, the Filipino attendant with Hawaiian airlines asked me, "You going home?" And I almost said, "yes." God it feels good to look like other people . . .

More to come soon.

Until then, I'm going to go eat me some real Korean food.

2 comments:

uglyblackjohn said...

Yeah... it gets old being "The One".

But Hawaii is nice, I went to BYU on the North Shore in Laie.
Watch out for the sun. After years in Portland, your skin might not be use to tanning.

Lisa J said...

ohh, I'm jealous and look forward to your posts on life in Hawaii. Hope you are having a WONDERFUL time.